SERVICEService | Ministry | Fellowship » Through Jesus Christ!
SUPPORT THE YATES BAPTIST ASSOCIATION TOY STORE!
Every year, the Yates Baptist Association provides a Toy Store that allows qualifying low-income parents to purchase new items from the store at highly discounted pricing, thus allowing parents to have a tangible part in providing for their children at Christmas and helping to build dignity and self-esteem. While parents shop, they also have the opportunity to meet with local ministers for counseling and prayer so that they might be nurtured and fed spiritually with the love of Christ whose birth we celebrate at Christmas.
You can help the Toy Store continue its impactful ministry in our community in the following ways:
- Purchase new toys, books, games and clothes and drop them off at Temple Baptist Church, 2121 Umstead Road, before Sunday, November 25. Please do not remove price tags from the gifts. The following items are particularly needed:
- Children: dolls (all ethnic groups), paper dolls, doll houses/furniture, doll buggies, dishes, tea sets, cookware, comb/brush sets, story books, games, puzzles, coloring books/crayons, jump ropes, back packs, trucks & cars, action figures, model car kits, horse shoe sets, basketballs, footballs, helmets, balls and bats. PLEASE NO GUNS.
- Babies: Pull toys, squeeze toys, bath tub toys, small riding toys, educational toys, plastic buggies, tricycles, picture books, rattlers, clothes, linens, bottles
- Teens: CD players, CDs, earbuds, wallets, watches, purses, socks, scarves, knitted caps, gloves, games, clock radios, basketballs, bats, baseballs, soccer balls, jewelry, makeup, curling irons, backpacks
- All ages: jacks, marbles, gum, whistles, mini-games, balloons, small cars/trucks/airplanes, candy, flash cards
- Clothes (MUST BE NEW): pants, shirts, underwear, sweaters, dresses, caps, gloves, socks, shoes, coats, jeans
- Large brown paper bags or plastic yard bags for carrying purchases from the store
- Make a monetary donation via cash or check before November 19 payable to Temple Baptist Church and our Missions Team will go and purchase items on your behalf
- Volunteer for a 3-hour shift (10 AM – 1 PM) at Grace Baptist Church to assist with receiving, preparing, and pricing for the Christmas Toy Store November 26-30
- Volunteer as a “Shopper Aide” at the Toy Store to help parents as they shop. 2 1/2 hour shifts are needed December 3-5.
Fore more information, please contact Henry Broadway at 919-383-4071
Hurricane Florence Relief Efforts
Thank you to everyone who contributed to our efforts to support NC Baptists On Mission as they continue the process of helping with rebuild and recover after Hurricanes Florence and Michael. We have already delivered one large trailer load of “in-kind” donations. In addition, our Fall Fish Fry raised $7200 that is going directly to Hurricane Relief efforts through NC Baptists On Mission. Thank you!!!!
The purpose of this team is to help people of all ages find a place of service in the name of Christ. Activities include local, state, national and global ministry initiatives including one mission trip per year outside the Durham area. The team manages both church budgeted money and special mission offerings.
Congregational Mission Activities
- Preparing and serving meals at Urban Ministries regularly during each month
- Collecting food for the pantry at Urban Ministries and the Durham Food Pantry
- Participate in Crop Walk to raise money for food for the hungry
- Hosting homeless families overnight through Inter-Faith Hospitality Network
- Assisting women returning to the community by collecting clothes for distribution through Dress for Success
- Providing rent-free housing for long term outpatients at Duke Medical Center whose homes are outside the Durham area
- Making layette items and burial buntings for families in crisis through Newbornsin Need
- Participating with Yates Baptist Association to provide Christmas gifts for low income families through Toy Store
- Preparing gift boxes for children through Operation Christmas Child
- Helping women in Kenya support their families through Bead for Life
- Traveling to other countries to share God’s love most recently to Belize and Chateauguay, Quebec
- Supporting mission activities by children and youth
Contact Henry Broadway for additional information about the Missions Team and Temple mission activities.